JOBS AT SWELL
- Financial Controller - Click Here to view
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports.
- Responsible for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group’s accounting records and financial systems.
- Production of accounts and reports when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles.
- Collaborates with Global Finance team and Global CFO / Controller to complete reporting requirements within specified time and reports needed information to the Global CFO or Controller.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
Financial management & controls
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Deploys and oversees implementation of global finance initiatives.
- Oversees A/R and A/P to manage working capital requirements in accordance with treasury policy with specific attention to stock, debtors, cash balances and vendor relationships.
- Oversees monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements; enforces adherence to requirements, files financial reports; advises management on needed action
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities while limiting risk; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Identifies monetary resources and business needs/demands to manage capital; develops action plans.
Budgets and forecasts
- Prepares budgets, forecast and business plans by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing and consolidating data; recommends plans and continually monitors performance
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Reports financial status by collecting, interpreting and reporting results; makes recommendations and initiates corrective actions to minimize variances by analyzing results and extrapolating trends into forecasts; develops improvements.
- Develops finance strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Assists in developing cross functional operation strategies by evaluating trends and establishing critical measurements; measures departmental KPIs to identify issues or opportunities and variances; monitors change.
- Identifies revenue opportunities; projects acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzes organization operations; identifies opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulates capital to fund expansion.
- Manage financial human resources by determining accountabilities
- Communicates and enforces values, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs
- Supervises, plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions; Reviews compensation strategies.
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance dept is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, brokers, bankers and other parties,
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA designation required.
- Minimum 7+ Years of Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Management Experience
- Financial Planning, Budget Forecasting experience with demonstrated ability to drive company revenue & success.
- Industry experience with a major Label or Branded Consumer Products Company involved in Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail in a company with revenue exceeding $500M.
- Commitment, dedication and flexibility to exemplify your leadership, provide a role model & mentor to your subordinates.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Written & Oral, as well as ability to present effectively to the Executive Board, Major Stake Holders and Corporate Leaders.
- Previous experience with NetSuite a plus.
Send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.