During this month of #Swellness, we’re embracing the New Year and the endless possibilities of style, sustainability, and substance. In light of our recent launch of the iconic S’well Salad Bowl Kit, we teamed up with food stylist and Chef Mira Evnine. We hopped in the kitchen again to cook up something delicious!
“This salad recipe is less a recipe and more a series of recommendations or suggestions – feel free to make it with or without the trout or swap the pomelo for grapefruit if that’s what you’ve got. You get the idea! If you’re using pomelo or grapefruit, be sure to cut the pith away to minimize any overtly bitter taste. After eating this, I thought a couple of slices of avocado and cucumber would be a nice addition as well!” – Chef Mira Evnine
Check out Chef Mira Evnine’s Bright Winter Salad!
- 2 to 3 ounces salad greens – a mix of radicchio and butter lettuce or whatever you have, (reserve any extra juice that comes from cutting up the citrus, for the salad dressing)
- ½ cup mixed herbs such as dill, parsley, tarragon, parsley. Leaves pinched from stems.
- ½ cup pomelo cut into supremes or smaller pieces or blood orange or grapefruit
- 3 ounces smoked trout, broken into large bite-size pieces
- ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the greens and herbs and fill in your S’well bowl or serving platter. Scatter pieces of citrus on top as well as smoked trout and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine dijon mustard, lemon juice or reserved juice from cutting up the citrus. Whisk together with salt and pepper and add olive oil while whisking all the while. Alternatively place ingredients in a S’well salad bowl dressing container and shake vigorously. Taste and adjust seasoning.