This World Oceans Day, we’re pleased to be partnering once again with our friends at Lonely Whale to encourage everyone to #ReduceTheUse of single-use plastic to support clean waters and healthy marine life. On June 8th, 20% of every purchase online will be donated to support Lonely Whale’s efforts.
ADVANCING CULTURAL AND SYSTEMIC CHANGE
We believe in Lonely Whale for so many reasons, including its amazing ability to engage and build community around impact. Lonely Whale’s #StopSucking campaign has helped displaced 15 billion single-use plastic straws and its leading a new generation of Ocean Heroes (more than 7,000 youth in 24 countries) to take care of our waters for decades to come. The team’s approach to impactful change is simple:
- Address the system, not the symptom
- Swing for the fence, every time
- Show up – relentlessly
Learn more about Lonely Whale and help us make a difference this World Oceans Day!
WORLD OCEANS DAY 2021
This year’s theme is The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods. The day is focused on raising awareness and encouraging actions that protect the ocean and help us meet Sustainable Development Goal 14 by 2030 which is to “conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources.
- 70% of the planet is covered by the ocean
- It produces at least 50% of the planet’s oxygen
- The ocean provides protein to more than a billion people around the world
- It is expected that 40 million people will be employed by ocean-based industries by 2030